I make a big deal when the girls use the toilet. It's the little victories that really make a difference in the girls' lives. I wouldn't want their little girl feelings to shrivel up and dry out. There are a few rewards for using the toilet. Sometimes they get stickers, other times they get chocolate milk, but the one reward that they both like more than stickers and chocolate milk is getting to wear big girl panties.
Papi, me peed in the potty.
Say it the right way, Abigail.
Papi, me peed in the potty.
That's great, sweetheart, but it's, "I peed in the potty."
(Looking up at me with proud eyes)
Oh, good job, Papi. Are you wearing big girl panties?
I didn't have the fight in me to explain the grammar to her so I just left it alone. I'm certain she believes in her heart that I wear big girl panties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our little friend Angelina asked her mom one day while sitting on the potty, "Does Mo where big girl panties like me?" If only you guys could be so lucky!
ReplyDeleteI love it...you make me look forward to parenthood with stories like these.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm working my way backwards in your blog, so if I come to a story not so cute, my excitement may change.
Ha! As much "trouble" as kids make, they certainly make up for it in entertainment value.
ReplyDelete