Friday is movie day at our house. We watch limited tv during the week and try to keep active as much as possible so as a reward we watch a movie on Friday afternoons after nap time. (Ah, nap time. I’ll get to that later.) One Friday, the girls came running down the hall to the living room ready for their movie and yelled some garbled baby gibberish that only parents understand. What they said translates to “I want to watch boobies!” Just as I was thinking, “Really? Hmm, yeah me too…” it hit me that they meant movies. They meant movies but said boobies.
Funny when kids mispronounce words but the word that they wind up saying is actually a word. Like just a few weeks ago in Bible study one of the girls said something about needing a shirt, except that she left off the all-important “r” sound. Suzi was quick to assure everyone that she meant “shirt” as I was too busy laughing.
That's funny. Now my 3 year old, Elijah, says he wants to see boobies but he actually means "boobies". In fact he's been a fan of boobs for a very long time. So much so that one day he stood outside my bathroom door after I had jumped out the shower and very seriously noted,"Mommy why did God make your boobs small?" in which I answered "I don't know son I guess he just thought they fit me well". He pondered that for a long moment and then frankly stated, "isn't there a pump thingie you can use to pump them up and make them bigger?". Mortified I stood and then calmly answered,"I wish they did son.... I wish they did." :) lol
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Such a wonderful story. I'm passing this one along to a friend of mine who also has a 2 year old daughter.
ReplyDeleteDude...that's totally my life right now. I'm your bro's friend with the 2 year old...and I GET IT. :-)
ReplyDelete...jp
PS...I like boobies too.